Share Your Story Through Art Community Interest Company
Share Your Story Through Art : Science, Creativity, Interdisciplinary Communication Artivism
I am an artist and artivist, prioritising ethics and the environment in my work since the 1990's. I create ART4JOY (paintings, prints, handmade books, upcycled clothes) for sale to enable me to provide ART4CHANGE workshops and resources using art, science and activism to inspire positive action for the climate and ecological crises.
SYSTA workshops are now available at your workplace or school.
Invest in your staff or student well-being. A chance to share our hopes for the future, what motivates and inspires us, as well as acknowledging our fears around the climate and ecological crises.
Join the SYSTA PAC and become a Positive Agent of Change, where collaboration makes us, and our messages, stronger. Fill in the subscription form below to receive email updates on events and workshops.
Book a series of workshops to give your staff or students time to focus on exploring the science behind the planetary boundaries and what we can do to help stay within the safe zones. You will use different art mediums to celebrate the beauty of the planet and communicate positive messages to share on social media to motivate people locally and globally.
SYSTA past collaborations include:
- project exploring endangered Norfolk insects through art, poetry and science, in collaboration with UEA academics, science and creative writing students, Bare Kind and Norfolk Wildlife Trust. Resulting in online educational resources for schools on UEA Project Change website, exhibition of art and poetry at Norfolk Wildlife Trust Cley visitor centre, endangered insect sock produced by Bare Kind, and artivism animation and poetry workshops at Norfolk Science Festival 2023.
- working with We Wear The Trousers, Colorifix, Norfolk designers, UEA science academics and students resulting in panel discussion and exhibition on sustainable fashion for Norwich Science Festival 2022.
- working with SAW Trust, Norwich Research Park, SCVA, UEA science academics, students and alumni, resulting in panel discussion Creative Collaboration: Bringing Science and Art Together for Norwich Science Festival 2021.
- Suffolk Youth Climate Conference 2023 artivist 50 minute flash mob with secondary school students creating a giant Flag for the Future with a positive message of hope they chose to inspire and motivate their peers to ‘Be Guardians of the Planet’.
- First Light Festival 2023 creating large flags and window hangings around themes of environment and resilience with Brave Art adults with learning disabilities for Hi! Street Festival in Lowestoft.
- setting up Arts Stream for Norwich City of Sanctuary
- Mental Health First Aid Kit created with students at Framingham Earl School working as a design team making art and content to reduce stigma around mental health. Outcomes include an online resource for students on the school website, a giant flag for school, posters and book.
SYSTA past and current projects:
Planetary Partners planetary boundaries for a sustainable future
Arboretum Artivists adult workshops on climate change & biodiversity
Harry's Art Club -Tuesdays 1.30pm in small cafe gallery in Norwich
Artivism workshops for 7-17 year olds in Norwich
Portrait commissions painting / collage and prints
I Miss My Mother's Coffee Refugee Week
Every Life Matters displaced people project in Athens
The Friend Ship Postcards for Peace with The Refugee Council, The Children's Society & Hope & Play, Gaza
The Friend Ship HumaniTea Party with Norfolk Artists
Latitude Festival Butterfly Effect Time For A Time Limit UK detention
Silent Voices fair trade, human rights & slave labour
Message in a Bottle clean water project building wells for OXFAM
Sewn Stories WW2 school tapestry
Once Upon A Time sustainable fashion up cycling vintage clothes
Too often people believe they are not creative, so can't take part in projects like this.
But I believe creativity is an approach to how you live your life, an open mindset with positivity and willingness to try something new.
All projects result in original art work for participants to keep, to share with others on social media, for exhibition or permanent display in a group space, or to sell and raise funds for your chosen cause.
Please contact me to hatch exciting plans on how to collaborate with you individually, or with a group you work with.
Can you make a donation to run an artivist workshop in a school?
I love collaborating with others to make exciting things happen, bringing people together and building their creative confidence to use the arts for social change. I have over 35 years experience in the arts, health, charity and educational settings.
I have a full DBS certificate and public liability insurance.
I believe the arts have a vital role to play in empowering people of all ages to use creativity for their own well-being and raise awareness of issues important to them.
Please get in touch to discuss how we can collaborate.
SYSTA workshops for individuals and groups - school, community group, festival, wedding reception, office, hospital, senior citizens home..... anywhere where there are people with stories to share and creativity to discover